Just made Lentil Loaf for dinner— recipe courtesy of The Vegan Stoner.
It was very good, a little dry (I had to add more ketchup after baking it), and it didn’t stick together very well (but that was probably because I didn’t mash the lentils well enough). I’d give it a 7/10.
- Chop 1/2 an onion and a handful of walnuts
- Mash 2 cups of cooked lentils in a bowl with onions, walnuts, and 2 handfuls of crushed crackers
- Mix in 2 cups of frozen veggies (I just used canned corn), a sprinkling of garlic powder, 4 spoonfuls of applesauce, and 2 spoonfuls of ketchup
- Pack into a pan and top with ketchup
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
The recipe on the website doesn’t tell you this but it makes enough to fit in a 9x13 pan (which is usually enough for my family of six people…) So I would at least half the recipe if you’re cooking for just yourself!